Thursday, April 28, 2011

A first time for everything...

They say there's a first time for everything. Tonight was my night to burn my leg on my pipes. :(


I wore shorts today; which normally wouldn't be a big deal, especially since I was driving the truck and not riding my motorcycle. We got to the hotel mid- afternoon, got the bikes off the trailer, got everything parked, checked into our rooms and then went out to hang out with the other folks who were already here.

After a bit, someone mentioned they were fixin' to get some dinner and started rounding us all up to head out to their favorite restaurant. Without thinking about it, I grabbed my helmet, jumped on the bike, started her up and off we went, down the road to Baton Rouge.

It wasn't until we were well underway that I realized I hadn't changed into my jeans...d'oh. No problem, I just won't get into an accident, then it won't be an issue. Dinner went by quickly and people started departing as darkness began to descend on city. We didn't ride back as a big group, but that was no problem, I needed to stop at Rite-Aid anyway (another story for another day.)

Fortunately, there is a Rite-Aid just a block from the hotel. I run in, get everything I need, and run back out and jump on my bike. Without even thinking about it, I rolled the bike up off the kickstand...and right into my bare leg. Ouch. As you can see by the picture, it's not too bad, but it does sting.

Now that you've read this, there's two minutes of your life you won't get back. :)

Have a great night. Tomorrow is another day, and another road.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Denham Springs, Louisiana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, which means I read them all and then approve them for posting.

Thanks,
Chad Cole